Thursday 15 July 2021

Black Truffles Fever

I chanced upon some good deals on black truffles from a friend and YES, I bought some fresh black truffles for the first time. Well, I have to say that it is some very expensive mushrooms indeed and we need to handle it with extra tender loving care.

The seller kindly delivered them to my house in the morning as soon as he received the mushrooms and got them packed. He told me that they arrived this morning from Italy and hurried to make delivery after packing. I got to say that the truffles smelt absolutely amazing when I opened the box, and I was told to put rice in the box with the mushrooms to keep them dry.


I was really excited about the whole process and quickly headed back to my kitchen and started to prepare ingredients for lunch as the kids would be home in 2 hours’ time. I was really torn between truffle pasta or truffle risotto… hahaahahah    


Finally, I decided to cook black truffle cream pasta instead. When the kids stepped into the house, they could smell the aroma of truffles in the house and they did not take too long to guess what’s for lunch… hahahahaahah… I shaved some extra truffles onto their plates and they said that it was so delicious that they want more servings… unfortunately, I cooked just enough for lunch. 😊 Let me think of what to do with the truffles tomorrow… ahhahaahahahhh

No comments: