Thursday 29 August 2019

Meeting Reynold Poernomo!

I have been a great fan of Masterchef Australia after watching season 3 and I found my love for baking after I was very much inspired by Reynold Poernomo on season 7. I was blown away by all the desserts he made and I just wanna be like him.

I chanced upon him advertising that he will be visiting Singapore and will feature Koi Desserts at Food Culture. I was obviously overwhelmed by the announcements and bought tickets immediately. I was really exited to meet him in person and tasting his desserts was a dream come true.

Before going to the Food Culture, I went to have luncheon with some old friends and of course, I brought along some desserts for them to cheer them up for a hectic day at work. It was really nice to meet old friends once in a while to catch up and at least we stay close.
The moment has come for me when I stepped food at Marina Bay Sands after luncheon and I was all alone entering the Food Culture Hall. I saw the Koi Desserts the moment I stepped in and I spotted my idol! He was really busy preparing the cakes to be on the served and noticed that he was decorating the cakes behind the counter.

The queue for the desserts was long so I went to walk around to check out other food stalls and met some friends who were queuing for food. It was nice to see familiar faces when you are alone. I went back to queue for Reynold’s desserts and bought the white chocolate berry to try, oohhhhhh…. IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!! My goodness… how on earth did he made the cream so creamy and soft!!! I was totally blown away and decided to buy some home for family members to try.
While I was waiting for my cakes to be packed, Reynold came at the side for interview and I patiently waited for him to end his interview. Immediately after his interview, our eyes met and he stopped to chat a little and did a selfi too! I was over the moon I tell you!!!! Hhhahahaahahaha…

Back at home, all members enjoyed his desserts as much I did and really thumps up for his creations and taste. I am so happy that I was able to taste one of the Masterchef contestant’s food in Singapore. Woohoo!!!! 

No comments: