Tuesday 20 August 2019

All The Best!

It is usually quite a happy thing to see some rotating staff returning to headquarters especially when they are the nasty ones. We do feel sad and pity if the rotating staff is a good and warm person to work with.

I would say that working with him was an enjoyable moment and I remembered on his third day of work in our department, I did not feel too well as I just found out I was pregnant but feeling unwell. I rushed to KK hospital in the morning with my then boss’ permission and I was really glad to know that everything was well and baby was healthy.

When I returned to office, my boss suspected my situation but we continued to head out for welcome luncheon with Tanaka-san. My boss then announced that I was pregnant and all food ordered that day had to be good for the baby…. Hahahaahah… I was really touched and happy at the same time with this wonderful life in me.

Tanaka-san has been a good and funny colleague to work with and though he was young, he was really hardworking and always eager to learn. After his 3 months training in Singapore, he returned to Japan and was transferred to our division. Within that year, he was assigned to return to Singapore once again to work in our subsidiary.

Today, we invited Tanaka-san of DGI for dinner as he will be returning to Japan after residing here for almost 5 years. We went to Tung Lok Signatures at The Central and Linda arranged everything for us and even the ultra delicious dishes. We were really happy though we ordered simple dishes but he enjoyed them so much that he would want to come back for more whenever he is in town.
Being it at work or play, he has been a great friend and colleague. He has always been there to help and lend a listening ear if we are facing some difficulties with work.

Tanaka-san, I hereby wish you all the very best in your new assignment! Cheers!

No comments: