Friday 19 October 2018

MJ & Birthday Celebration

We have always wanted to plan a day to play MJ at my place and finally, we have the excuse to do so this time. My best buddies from took a ½ day off from work and rushed to my place for this special gathering. This would be one of those days that they can really distress.

Being a host, I whipped up some of my signature dishes for them for lunch. I made the baked salmon, brussels sprouts with bacon, sautéed mushrooms and onions, baked chicken mid-joints and the garlic beef. I was really happy that I was able to have them ready before they arrived. Yes, I do cook besides baking... hahahahaah
As usual, mummy Florence was the first to arrive and I was still soaked in the oil from cooking. While she was chilling and chatting with my mum, I hurried to shower and was just in time to welcome the rest.

It was like a feast indeed and the food did not stop there, Linda bought some chicken wings and snacks over and we ended up eating like we had dinner! Hahahahaah…. After the quick luncheon, we started playing MJ while the rest chilled with the kids. 
While they were taking a break from MJ, we gave mummy Florence a surprise. She did not know that it was a celebration for her birthday too. I was happy that I managed to bake her the cake and yes… it was yummy! 😊 
They continued playing while I helped my mum to prepare dinner as we have also invited them to stay for dinner. Mum whipped some of her signature dishes too but we were too hungry to take photos of them… hahahahaah…

As it was still early after dinner, we decided to continue with the game but managed to finish before midnight. It was indeed a great gathering with friends whom I regarded as part of my family.

Thank you pals for coming and Happy Blessed Birthday Mummy Florence in advance.

No comments: