Tuesday 4 September 2018

Lady Faith’s First Swim Test

Lady Faith has been taking up swimming lessons 2 years ago and since then, we could see how much she has improved on her swimming skills. She used to be quite afraid of jumping into the water without any floats and came home crying.

Her school organized the swimming lessons for 10 weeks and ended off with the swim safe test but almost all of her classmates or schoolmates failed (I wondered why!). Some of her schoolmates’ mum even talked about how shocked they were to receive the results of their child’s failure. For me, I was not panicked coz’ I am not pinning the hopes of Lady Faith to become the next Tao Li!

Her coach informed me that she will be signing Lady Faith up for the Swim Safe 2 and I did not put high expectation on it as it should be a simple test and I have full confidence that she will be able to pass.

Sent her to the test this morning and she requested me to be around instead of chilling at the café… well, I did hang around and I witnessed the whole test procedure and I was really pleased with what I saw. She was swimming like a fish and managed to pass through all the obstacles that the tester gave them. It was not too difficult in my opinion and it should be a breeze.

After her test, I brought her to the café for our brunch. She was really relieved that her test is over and I rewarded her with her favourite cookies & cream milkshake. Well, she definitely deserved the reward as she put on effort to swim well today.

Congratulations darling!

No comments: