Sunday 16 September 2018

My Avocado Ice-Cream

I have always wanted to try to make homemade ice-cream and I finally made my first move with our all-time favourite avocado. I do not have an ice-cream maker and I was happy to chance upon this simple recipe online.

Since Lady Faith is out to the Trick Eye Museum with her dad and little pumpkin is well entertained with her favourite TV show, I managed to have my ‘ME’ time to make this beautiful ice-cream. The recipe said to use the condensed milk, whipping cream and the avocado which is so easy. I was really concerned about putting the whole tin of condensed milk to the ice-cream but I have no other alternative ingredients but that coz’ it definitely needs sugar and fat to set the ice-cream.

Well, the process of the making this amazing ice-cream was pretty quick and easy. It took me less than 45 minutes to complete it and put it in the freezer to freeze. The tiring part of this process would be the folding in of the cream which takes a while and my arms were quite sore after that.

The result of how the ice-cream turned out was amazing good. It tasted just great, not too sweet coz’ I put more avocado than needed from the recipe. I roasted some pistachio nuts and salted caramel sauce to serve with it. Verdict… Super yummy! 
I think I will try to make cookies and cream ice-cream next. 😊

No comments: