Friday 17 August 2018

Night Fest Back To School

It is always enjoyable and fun spending time with my buddies whom I know since I started learning my school subjects… yes… I would consider them as my growing up pals and now I regards them as part of my family.

We always try to meet up but as usual, everyone is busy with their own commitment and today, we met for dinner at Papa Rich located at Plaza Singapura. I dined at this restaurant before but found it pretty much pricey for local food but the food is not too bad at this branch. 😊

After our dinner, we wanted to have desserts elsewhere but ended up wandering around at the Night Festival instead. We enjoyed strolling along Orchard Road like we used to do during the weekends after movie or dinner. Those were the SUPER GOOD OLD DAYS! I am really missing those days but I am really happy that I am still walking down the streets of Orchard with my buddies now.

As our journey continues, we stopped at the SAM (used to be SJI) and waited for their laser show and it was fantastic! I really love the lights and how beautifully they painted the building with it. The music reminded me of those days where we had the Singapore Swing after National Day Parade… hahahaha… those were the sweaty moments but some very good memories indeed.

We walked towards our old school which turned into National Design Centre and a place for the yuppies to hang out. When we stepped foot onto the grounds, it brought back so much memories of our primary and secondary school lives. Every area has its memories and we talked about it as we explore.
I felt so emotional about coming back to ‘school’ and seeing what it has become was really a good feeling. We were happy that the building was preserved and turned into a design centre. We walked around the school and flashes of those memories just kept popping out. It was such a beautiful feeling and I would want to bring my kids here some day to show them my school.
What a night! 

No comments: