Sunday 17 June 2018

Taiwan, Here We Come

Many friends were surprised when they learnt that I have never been to Taiwan since I am a huge fan of Hong Kong. I didn’t really want to visit but my parents in law would like to visit at least for once, we decided to go.

It was nice to celebrate Father’s Day by travelling together and the kids were excited when it comes to being at the airport. We chilled at the boarding area while waiting for our plane to be ready for boarding after 45 minutes of delay.
It was a short flight of 4 hours from Singapore to Taiwan and it was cloudy when we arrived. We were picked up by our friendly driver Mr. Wang aka (ONG LAI) and he took us straight to our resort hotel where it was about an hour plus drive. My first impression of Taiwan was the place is pretty much similar to Hong Kong apart from the language spoken. 

When we arrived at our Leofoo Resort after a long ride, it began to rain heavily. I was quite annoyed by the weather and it was quite cold for the elderly and the kids. We hurried to our room which was a bridge away from the lobby but without any shelter.

It was pretty much inconvenient as we had to hold the umbrella on one hand and luggage the other. I was hands full as I had to hold on to Emma with umbrella and my luggage too… it was annoying to start our trip this way.

Our rooms were big and spacious but the area outside our rooms were quite smelly due to the animals who lives within the resort. Since it was raining and we are in the resort, we decided to dine at their café to have a simple dinner.

We browsed through the menu and ordered some food to share and a kid’s meal. Honestly, I was utterly disappointed with our first dinner. It was terrible! Our fried rice was so oily that you could see the layer of oil on the plate and not tasty at all with that bag of salt added! Lady Faith did not enjoy her kid’s meal too and she preferred to have milk earlier than usual. 

We returned to our room after dinner and noticed that my father in law wasn’t feeling too well. We suspected that he might had caught a chill from the heavy rain and the cold wind. We urged him to have an early night after taking meds.

No comments: