Thursday 15 December 2016

Our Yearly Christmas Dinner Gathering

It’s a yearly affair that we will meet up for dinner to have our gifts exchanged for Christmas and this time, we went to the restaurant highly recommended by Theresa.

We met up at Bishan Junction 8 so that we can share the cab to the restaurant venue which was located at Sembawang! The restaurant Famous Kitchen is pretty much popular by many celebrities in Singapore and I heard many good reviews of this restaurant too.

We left the food orders to Theresa who is somehow a regular patron of the restaurant. She ordered most of their signature dishes which was really good especially the braised pig intestines! I couldn’t forget the taste and I can see a few plates…

The cold crabs were out of this world too…. it was so fresh, sweet and fleshy! Then came the steam fish Teo Chew style was fantastic as well but the chili crabs were kind of disappointed. The gravy was not thick enough and it wasn’t spicy in my opinion. I would prefer chili crab to be spicy with thick sauce which will blend very well with the fried man-tou.

Overall, the food at this restaurant wasn’t too bad but it wasn’t cheap too. To me, it’s alright to spend to pamper ourselves once in a while but guess I can’t dine at this restaurant as often I would like to. L

No comments: