Tuesday 27 December 2016

Exploring Guangzhou

Day 2 of our trip in Guangzhou seemed pretty exciting from the start of the morning. We had a SUPERUB breakfast at the hotel we were staying and man… the spread was like international buffet style back home!! I thought it was DINNER BUFFET when I walked through the food stations!

We were all stuffed and ready to check out the city of Guangzhou. Our first stop for the day was the visitation to the famous and popular Chen Clan Ancestral Hall. When we arrived at this super huge ‘house’ of the Chen, I thought I was one stepping into the olden days of our grandfathers’.
The house is pretty much well maintained and I can’t imagine myself living in such a huge house where you have to walk a distance to each room. I guess I would need to get an E-bike just to get food from the kitchen…

It was quite interesting seeing this piece of well-preserved house and there was a history in almost every room. This is similar to those palaces we saw in Beijing but a smaller version. Good choice to visit in my opinion.

For our lunch, we heard about the famous restaurants located at Shang Xia Jiu Street. We took a train to the area and it was very traditional – the buildings were kept as original but the shops were new and modern. There was lots of stuff to see especially the street food which attracted me the most!

We roamed the place and found that the famous dim sum restaurant was too crowded to wait for a seat and we decided to check out another popular noodle house which was just nearby. Somehow the food in Guangzhou never left disappointed but with all praise. The noodles we ordered were as delicious as those in HKG and my favourite steamed milk pudding was a BLAST!!!! SIMPLY loved it!
After our delicious lunch, we continue to explore the street and I managed to try a couple of street food which left me with super good impression. I can say that food is as good as HKG or some even tasted better.

We headed back to our hotel after a long day of walking and with the super cold weather, it wasn’t helping at all. We rested in our room and I started packing some of my ‘damages’ and headed down to the Chinese Restaurant in the hotel.
Since we had a great lunch, we decided to go slightly light on dinner. We ordered 3 dishes and they were all GREAT! Well, we were even more surprised by the bill as the amount came out to be cheaper than we expected.
 
Imagine dinning in a hotel Chinese restaurant, ordering 3 dishes with rice, tea and appetizer and the total cost was less than S$50!!!! If we dine at any of the Chinese Restaurant in Singapore, you won’t even get that price! Thumps Up!

No comments: