Monday 23 March 2015

Nation’s Saddest Day

I received the news from hubby this early morning that our founding Father Lee Kuan Yew has passed away. I was really stunned by the news though I knew that was coming since he was reported to be very sick for more than a month.

I couldn't hold back my tears while I was feeding Emma and it suddenly reminded me that how lucky and blessed we were to have him to rule our little country. If it's not for him, we will not be known and we will not be having a peaceful living compared to other countries.

I went to work with a heavy heart and I am sure most Singaporeans felt the same too as if we have lost a part of our flesh. I followed the news and waited for the announcement to pay our last respect etc..

Our GM called for an urgent gathering in a meeting room to announce the sad news and also informed us that the company encourages staff to pay their last respects. I thought that was nice and we should as he is our Founding Father!

No comments: