Thursday 26 March 2015

My Last Respect Paid

After the news of the Lying In State was announced, many Singaporeans started flooding into The Parliament House to pay their last respect to our Founding Father. Me, no exceptional went to queue with my clan this morning.

Initially it started off when I asked my boss for permission to leave office to pay my last respect to Mr. Lee Kuan Yew but in return, he said that we should all go together. I simply respect him for that as he is not Singaporean but Japanese and yet he wants to go to pay respect to a leader whom did not rule his country... Thumps Up Boss!!!

Heard from Sam Sam who queued for a few hours just to get her respect paid and was worried about the queue as the news mentioned that many more Singaporeans will be heading for the queue soon. We set off in the mid morning and when we arrived at Padang where the queue starts, there were already tons of people in line. 
It was somehow very organised and many army officers were there to show us the way leading to the queue. Though the sun scorching hot but there were tents built, water and sweets give out. We saw some ministers who came by to shake our hands and thank us for queuing up. It was a nice gesture and I felt really proud to be a Singaporean.
After queuing for about two and fifteen minutes, we finally paid our last respect. I did not expect that my first time on the Parliament ground is to pay respect to a great man! I couldn't hold back my tears when I saw his cottage and said a short prayer when I bowed. Truly thankful for this Great Man who built Singapore and provided the best for his people.

Rest in peace and take your rest. God bless your soul!

No comments: