Friday 10 May 2013

Lunch At Xi Yan

Since my new boss, Yatomi-san took over as our new DH, we made it a point to do a monthly inspection to new restaurants. We went to Wah Lok Cantonese Restaurant last month and today, I brought him to Xi Yan.


This would be my second time visiting this interesting restaurant. It’s more like a private dining where they will only entertain guest with reservation and menu to be pre-ordered. I remembered my first visit was with Minowa-san & Linda where I had an enjoyable lunch.
Our first dish was their signature Greenhouse tomatoes in wasabi sesame which tasted heavenly. I remembered that taste on my first visit and it is still the same. THUMPS UP! Our soup was Ginseng, red date & chicken. The soup was a clear and very extremely DELICIOUS! These two dishes were their starters for any pre-ordered menu.

Our mains were braised pork belly with stewed mushroom… it was YUMS though the pork belly was rather fatty. The sauce was great and not salty. The Dory fillets in spicy lemongrass sauce were pretty good too though it was deep fried but somehow it was oily.

Next was the spicy basil noodle with mushroom in special wine broth. This soup noodle is fantastically tasty! I love the soup as it was light and fragrant. Last but not least, our favourite of the day… their dessert. It was their signature tang yuan in aged ginger soup. Their tang yuan was different as one of the tang yuan was filled with black sesame and the other was the salty egg yolk which was SUPER GOOD!

This is one of the fine restaurants that I would recommend to boss for their entertainment for it is very private and quiet. THUMPS UP!

No comments: