Thursday 17 January 2013

Party Like A K-Pop

I received an invitation from our sales manager of Orchard Hotel to attend their party which will be held at their hotel. I realized that she only sent the invitation to me and since she mentioned that I can extend the invitation to some of my colleagues, I gladly extended it to a few close ones.


We arrived at Orchard Hotel and found out that the party was actually quite a huge one where they had the photo session during their pre-dinner cocktail. Our seats were assigned and our table mates were from Mitsui Chemicals. We were happy to know that Hossan Leong was the MC for the night and he was a witty and friendly chap.
At the start of the event after the opening speech from their General Manger, there was an opening dance by the team which was rather interesting. I wished that our staff in my office are as spotting! Our dinner was served shortly. Their first dish was the Yu Sheng and this marked my 1st Yu Sheng for 2013.

During the dinner, there was entertainment by Hossan Leong where he sang and played games. As usual, our group were in the World of our own, having fun and doing silly things.

During the lucky draw segment, I was surprised that my name was called and I won the Lion brand hamper which is the 16th prize. I was happy to have won that hamper as I noticed that many stuff can be used by little Faith. Yippy!! However, I was feeling rather troublesome of having to bring it back home as it was very HEAVY!

There was a surprise highlight during the dinner when the Korean pop star Jay Park walked into the ballroom with a bang. Everyone was cheering him and he seemed pretty friendly. When he was on the stage with Hossan, there were so many ladies trying to snap a picture of him with their phones and I was one of them too though I have totally no idea who Jay Park is!
His appearance was about 5 minutes but it definitely made the dinner a more interesting one. Following up, there were games and the prizes were a pair of tickets to his concert. I led Jessica up to stage for the game and she came back with a pair of tickets. Well done!

Linda & I left slightly early before the dinner ended as we wanted to avoid the taxi crowd. When we were at the lobby, we saw many young fans of Jay Park loitering and trying to get a glimpse of him. Linda & I were wondering if Jay Park is really that famous!

Thank you Orchard Hotel for inviting us to this wonderful and enjoyable event.

No comments: