Sunday 7 August 2011

Double Celebration

Today is an auspicious day indeed where we have 2 events to attend. This morning, we attended God-daughter Jana & Harold’s 1st Holy Communion at Holy Cross.

It was raining cats & dogs while I was on my way to Clementi with Faith as Leslie had to serve at BSC. I was really blessed to be on time before the mass started. Not long after mass started, Leslie arrived but told me that he left the car in church as it was blocked by another vehicle.

It was quite a happy occasion as it was our God-daughter’s 1st Holy Communion. This is one event we wouldn’t want to miss as God-parents. Honestly, has not been a good God-ma as I did not spend much time with her during her growth but thankfully her mum is a faithful catholic and has been bringing her to church.


We had to leave after mass as we have another event to attend in the evening. Our little one needed her beauty sleep and regret we couldn’t join them for lunch. Faith started dozing off the minute we headed for home.

In the evening, we went to my cousin Ka Yun’s place for his daughter Zoe’s 2nd birthday party. When we arrived, I saw some familiar faces… they were church mates. I know some of them as I used to attend the church when I was younger.

They rented a float in their house this time for the kiddos but Faith was kind of scared when we put her on it. Some of the older kids were enjoying themselves… jumping and rolling all over the float.



Zoe’s birthday cake this time was Mickey Mouse and it was really cute. Everyone surrounded to sing her the birthday song and she was really happy… guess what… Faith got excited too!






It was a tiring day for both of us and Faith as it seemed like a long day full of events though we only attended two. Guess attending events are more tiring when you have kids…

No comments: