Wednesday 2 February 2011

Faith’s First CNY Reunion Dinner

This year’s CNY is very special to us as we have a new family member to join us for this traditional gathering – CNY reunion dinner at my Gu Jie’s place.

Yearly, we arrived at our aunt’s place in the evening to prepare the food and soup while the elder’s take their rest at the living room. My cousins prepared the steamboat base and brought yu sheng to lo hei.

Before the Lo Hei, Florence & I received a pleasant surprise from the family members. They brought a birthday cake for us as both of our birthday’s falls in the month of February. I was really touched by the arrangements and given this chance for me to have an early celebration with my little angel.



Right after the cake ceremony, we had our Lo Hei! Hahaahah…. It was great as many well wishes were mentioned while we tossed the vegetables. Faith was puzzled but I am sure she will enjoy doing that when she is older! That is one of the best atmosphere one will enjoy during this Chinese New Year.


Steamboat is our traditional reunion dinner style and we simply enjoyed the food that everyone has brought and prepared. To me, it was somehow different as this year, I had to take care of baby Faith during dinner and to be honest, I wasn’t able to enjoy the dinner like before.

After dinner, we went our separate ways and prepare for the next day.

No comments: