Saturday 18 December 2010

Susan’s Big Day

I remembered organizing a Hen’s Night for Susan in November and today, I am attending her wedding at My Humble House located at The Esplanade.

When I arrived at the restaurant, I realized couple’s solemnization ceremony was ending and felt regretted not being able to be there early to witness that moment.



After the ceremony, I managed to check out Susan at her resting room and man… she looked really gorgeous! Her make up was very natural and she simply glowed like a princess. Her gown was beautiful and it fitted her perfectly with her tiara.


The couple had their first walk in and it was the sweetest moment for all women. That is the moment when you are stepping into a new life with someone whom you love… a new beginning. Luncheon was served immediately after their cake cutting ceremony.



I was really impressed by their food presentations. The cold dish though a few small portion of different food but it tasted good and looked great. Soup was another impressive dish where they had the clear shark’s fin soup presented in a baby coconut husk. Steven and Florence enjoyed the coconut meat after slurping up their soup.



Susan went to change to her 2nd outfit and returned with her 2nd walk in. She was dressed in a very cute tea-dress that compliments her big hips. She really looked very good in her dress and I simply loved her tea dress…

Though I am no fan of prawns but this third dish was a tasty one. It tasted like chili crab but it was a prawn… with a man-tou stick… very interesting indeed. The fourth dish was my favourite of the whole menu… the Cod Fish… it was really Yummy though the sauce was slightly sweet but it definitely compliments the freshness of the cod. Crispy chicken with sweet & sour sauce was not really to my liking though it was pretty tasty.



Biased Bai Ling mushroom was really delicious and so was the steamed fragrant rice with lotus leaf. Everyone was enjoying the food and the casual wedding which was very nicely organized. Finally, it was dessert time and they placed a bucket of dry ice on our table and then dessert was served. I totally enjoyed the food and the whole wedding ceremony but somehow I couldn’t figure out what was the whole idea of having the dry ice on our table when the dessert ‘tou hua’ was served… The ‘Toufu’ with cream of avocado was delicious but not quite my liking… Lastly, their wedding cake was served; very thick chocolate cake with icing.





Congratulations to Susan & Andrew and hereby wishing you a blessed marriage!

No comments: