Wednesday 13 August 2008

Tavolo


Minowa-san who went to Berlin on a business trip was back in 2 days ago and he invited us for lunch today. He told me that one of his friends recommended him a new Italian restaurant located in Amoy Street. He thought it would be nice to try it out together for the 1st time.
cozy restaurant
sparkling water
freshly baked Italian bread
Minowa-san chatting with Linda
Me testing out my new phone

The little restaurant wasn’t difficult to find though it hides near a corner of Amoy Street. It was a small and cozy restaurant which probably could take in not more than 50 persons. Minowa-san told us that the Chef was Japanese and he wondered if he could cook Italian cuisine well.

We ordered set lunch to play safe… when our appetizers were served; I was really amazed by the presentation. It was a CUP of soup, a mini-bowl salad and 2 slices of pork. Very cute indeed and it was my very 1st time having to SIP the soup… very interesting indeed.
Appetizers
My Risotto
beef bisket
Pene Pasta

I ordered Seafood Risotto and thank God it wasn’t MINI! Hahahaah… it was really delicious. Minowa-san had the beef and Linda ordered Pene pasta. I would say… all were GREAT! We were impressed by the food and the cute food presentation and Steady La… Jap Chef!

The dessert was tiny I must say but guess after the starters and the main, it’s good enough for our stomach though it was mini…
caramel pudding
chocolate brownie

I guess I will go back for dinner next time...

No comments: