Saturday 9 August 2008

Meaningful National Day

Ever since the national day parade was staged in National Stadium, I no longer enjoy the performance anymore. I remembered when I was younger; we are able to see the soldiers marched on the road and the beautiful floats moving around our estate. I lost interest in watching or celebrating the national day coz’ I thought the performance were boring and no longer exciting.

This year, I was asked by Alpha Ministry to help out in the Housebound Mass on National Day. I was at first taken aback as I have no experience and worried as we were supposed to sing in church and not in the hall. I was really afraid as it was a mass for the housebound and it had to be done perfectly. About 4 weeks before the event, we had practices after practices to perfect our timing for the songs we were supposed to sing.

On 9th August 2008 at 11am, the housebound mass started. I was as usual scared and worried that I might sing off tune… anyway, the mass went well and I was really touched by the whole thing as I saw the elderly people who were on wheelchair smiling and very glad to be blessed by the priest. It was really very fulfilling moment for me as this was the 1st time I participated in such a meaningful event.



After mass, we proceed to the hall where there are performance and lunch. There were so much food and my mum enjoyed herself very much. The performance was interesting and great too. There were performance by the priest, the elderly and our very own Alpha group. Susan was so kind that she took pictures for many and she took the effort to print them out too. The event was really successful as I could see smiles on everyone’s face which really brightens up my day.




What a way to celebrate National Day!

No comments: