Thursday 28 June 2007

Lunch@Snappers


Snappers Oh Snappers! It’s been a long time since I last dine at The Snappers, Ritz-Carlton. That is one fine restaurant where it’s located near the pool side and the ambience is great especially at night. Aiyo.. my boss even commented ‘today no sexy woman at the pool’.


It was a farewell lunch for our dear colleague Sayayo-san whose contract with our company ends next week. She has been a great colleague to work with as she is one intelligent lady with a great sense of humor. Soon she will be one of the ‘tai-tai’ you see in Orchard Road (though she claimed that she prefers to be ‘housewife’).

It was also a welcome lunch for our new young colleague Rie-san who just joined us yesterday. She is replacing Sayayo. She is pretty young and quite funny too. She is a Japanese-born Singaporean whose mother is Singaporean and father Japanese. To our surprised, she could understand Hokkien and speaks a little too. Quite a cool chick…

Anywayz… our lunch was good as usual when bosses are paying! It’s a three-course set lunch with an appetizer buffet (errrmm… though not a fantastic spread lor). Okie, as all of my friends who know me very well… my main course is none other than the medium rare Grilled Black Angus Beef Tenderloin with Petit Farcis and Germola Mustard. It’s awesome but the waiting time was a drag lor… took forever to serve my main dish man.
this is something similar of what Agnes had. Salmon Fish

Well… I have to tell you guyz… the dessert was simply fantastic! I ordered the Tiramisu and I gotta say that it’s so far the best that I have tasted lor… and thank God that we ordered while waiting for our main dish or I will not be in time writing this blog now. Hahahaah…

The service is casual but I think the kitchen is rather slow as it’s LUNCH TIME leh… how can they allow the guest to wait for about half an hour for their main dish! This is totally unacceptable despite the food tasted awesome.

Today’s lunch was enjoyable one overall as we had lots of laughter and it’s one of the best times to know our new colleague Rie-san better. Errmmm… looking forward to our next luncheon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey sista..
wah free lunch seh..
ex anot ah??? looks good...
-mann-

Vee said...

yo sista.. it was quite costly for lunch la.. SD 38 +++ per pax. i won't go on my own expense lor

Anonymous said...

wow.. ya ex lor..
-mann-