Friday 4 March 2016

Hello Perth!

It’s been more than a decade since my last visit to Perth, Australia. I clearly remembered Perth as a super laid back state in Australia where shops closed as early as 3:30pm. Yes… 3:30pm! I really wondered how the Aussie shop after their office hours… perhaps they don’t even shop at all.

This time, I returned to Perth with another state of mind. I checked out Perth before setting it as our family vacation location. When I browsed the websites of Perth, it changed so much that it lured me into planning. Hubby, having reunited with his best friend who migrated to Perth recently that made us confirmed the visit. J

We set off to the airport for breakfast while waiting to board and the kiddos were in high spirits. I was kind of worried for Emma as this would be her first longer flight compared to Penang. We tried to play with her and hoping that she will sleep onboard and somehow it worked!
During the flight to Perth, I was really thankful that Emma managed to sleep at least for a good 3 hours while I enjoyed the inflight movie, my drinks and my lunch onboard. Hubby & I were enjoying the drinks while little lady was enjoying her snacks with her inflight kids channels.

After 5 hours of flight, we finally arrived at Perth International Airport. I could see the changes immediately as the airport became brighter, cleaner and bigger than the one I set food on many years ago.

While hubby was waiting to collect our car, I went to get the local SIM card for easy access and communication with his friend Mike. Little Lady was anxious and excited about meeting her new friend tomorrow and kept talking about it.
To avoid her questions, I suggested that we take pictures instead and she was all set for any poses… haahahahahaha We went to Watertown for dinner after checking into Four Points by Sheraton. Watertown, a branded outlet mall was just located about 10 minutes by walk from where we put up. Thumps up!

No comments: