Sunday 1 November 2015

Birthday Celebration for Aunty Sue

Our beloved aunt will be celebrating her birthday this week and we the young ones came up with something special this year.

It was somehow special as we decided to have her birthday celebrated at the venue where we were familiar with – our childhood area. Yes, I grew up around Capitol Building area and watched many movies at the Capitol Cinema when I was little. In fact, that was my playground.
Now that Capitol is revamped and it was great to be back! The elderly were happy to be back on the grounds though everything is different now compared to those days in the 70s. As we walked through the building, I told Faith about the history and told her about my childhood days.
The Capitol Building was really beautiful given the colonel style exterior and modern settings in the interior. There were quite a handful of eateries though they may be costly but overall, the place was cozy and kind of cool!

We decided to have the celebration done at the ‘high-class’ food court at the basement where the concept is similar like Marche but Chinese & Local Style. Menus were given once you were seated and orders to be done via iPad.

After dinner, we had the cake cutting ceremony and kiddos were happy to celebrate Gujie’s birthday as they sang the birthday song quite loudly…. hahahahahah
The food was normal I would say but pricey. If you ask if I will return for another bowl of fishball noodle, I will tell you… NEVER.

Happy Blessed Birthday Gujie! May the Lord watch and protect you always.

No comments: