Thursday 3 September 2015

Worker’s Party Rally

As the government announced the date of GE 2015, all parties are ready for their rallies. I have missed the rallies by WP during the last GE and I wouldn’t want to miss this time.

I insisted that my hubby accompany me to the WP rally tonight as I want to experience it coz’ we have seen and heard so much about their rally. Finally, we found one that was held at the familiar places and we went ahead. The parking space was crazy but we managed to get a parking lot just at the foot of my mum’s flat.
When we arrived at the rally ground, I was really thrilled to see hundreds or perhaps thousands of supporters. Some brought their own mats, some were standing around and there were many sitting on the railings.
The atmosphere was kind of funny but yet united. Many held WP symbols like the hammer, flags and some umbrella where were sold at the side. Many will chant ‘WP, WP, WP’ each time after a good speech from the WP members. I was really happy to be in time to hear the speech from WP leader Mr. Low and the Sylvia Lim. Their speeches were really good and they pointed out many issues that most Singaporeans are facing.

What interest us most were the conversations by many uncles sitting on the railings chatting away on how they suffered under PAP rules... :)

After the rally, I was shocked to witness such a HUGE crowd on the ground while I was crossing the overhead bridge. It was totally overwhelmed!
GE is such a big topic in Singapore and hopefully WP will retain their seats in the Parliament.

No comments: