Sunday 27 September 2015

Mid-Autumn Festival

I remembered when I was a child; I used to enjoy the moon-cake festival as we get to play with lanterns. Those were the good old kampong days when we had all the kiddos from our neighborhood to hold the lanterns and lighting up all the candles on the ground.

Having moved into HDB, I hardly see children playing lanterns during this festival. Most of the kids will be playing at the nearby playground with their own family or perhaps their neighbors staying on the same floor.

After our family dinner, we did the same too…. our kiddos had their lanterns lighted up and only able to walk around the floor due to the haze! I believed that if we are still living in those shop houses, it will be more exciting for them to enjoy this festival. Don’t you agree?
Happy Mid-Autumn Festival everyone!

No comments: