Thursday 19 February 2015

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Dong Dong Dong Chiang!!! It’s the 1st day of CNY and I would like to wish one & all a very Happy Lunar New Year!

This would be the Emma’s first CNY and we are excited to bring her out to meet her extended family members. We set off to my cousin’s place for lunch as usual and this year, my cousin BG was the main chef instead of my mum. She prepared many dishes like steam fish in Cantonese style, steam meat with egg white, vegetarian and jelly as desserts while my mum prepared curry vegetables and I made chocolate muffins for added desserts too. 


After lunch, we head down to my uncle’s place where it was only a street away from my cousin’s. Though we weren’t able to stay longer but it was great to meet up with the relatives whom I only get to meet once a year.

Our last visitation venue was at Bishan where hubby’s cousin hosted the gathering at their condo function room. There were many home-cooked dishes and of course my long waited homemade Yu Sheng by his aunt which is super delicious! While Faith was enjoying her playtime with her cousins, Emma taking her beauty sleep, hubby & I had our own time enjoying the wonderful spread of food prepared by the host. 


The first day of visitation ended early and we were all tired… will take rest and continue to another visitation tomorrow… Happy New Year once again! HUAT AHH!!!!

No comments: