Friday 31 January 2014

CNY First Day

CNY came too early this year as we have not even gotten over the Christmas festival which happened only last month.

Being first day of CNY and one of our busiest days, we have many places to visit in our program today. Starting off this morning, I finished and packed up the cupcakes which I prepared yesterday for our family luncheon today.

We set off to pick up my mum at her place as she was busy preparing her famous curry chicken for the lunch. We arrived at my aunt’s place while they were still preparing the luncheon. We started our luncheon after greeting and giving our best wishes the elderly.


Our lunch spread was great! We had mum’s curry chicken, gu-jie’s vegetarian, cousin Bick Guan’s first attempt Hong Kong style steamed fish and steamed herbal prawns, aunt’s pan-fried chiku meat pancakes, Florence’s HK style pork ribs and lastly, my chocolate cream cheese cupcakes as desserts.


After a sumptuous meal, we went to our uncle’s place which is only a few blocks away from my aunt’s. It was great to meet up with my younger cousins whom we only get to meet yearly… glad to see my elder aunt got better from her dementia. Though it was such a rush visitation but it was all worth it.
We continued our visitation to Leslie’s uncle’s place in Dover. It was a pity that my sisters in law have left when we arrived. We stayed for a while to chat with his cousins and when almost all arrived, we had the Lo Hei ceremony…. That is one of the best Yu Sheng I would say besides the one at Chinatown… this is home-made and truly delicious!
Happy New Year everyone!! Huat Ahhhh….

No comments: