Thursday 27 June 2013

Hello Kitty Craze

I remembered there was a Hello Kitty craze many years back when McDonald’s came up with the stuffed toys when you buy their value meals. Back then, it was a total sell-out weekly when different pairs of Hello Kitty were put up. I recalled reports on many people fought over it due to jumping of queues and some even went across the border to get their missing CATS…

This year, apart from the Haze, the Hello Kitty craze is back again. This time, it was the fairy tale theme where it’s almost a to-die-for collection for collectors of course. For me, I bought it for the fun of it for Faith as she somehow developed the love for this Cat!

Though I did not managed to collect all of them but at least a few was good enough. When it came to the last week where collectors believed that the ‘black cat’ is a collector’s item, everyone went mad. There were reports of people started to queue up for this stuffed toy before mid-night and started to buy their meals at the struck of twelve.

I instructed hubby to get it when he buys the breakfast at the drive-in but he failed as many outlets were already sold-out by 1am. It was quite disappointing but we weren’t that crazy to queue overnight. Thanks to Linda who managed to get it for me when our dear tea-lady Eunice called her early this morning to inform her that she will be late as she was at Mac… Linda immediately asked her if it’s alright to get her a meal with the stuffed toy and YES, they made it!


I was really happy and really appreciated their effort of going through this to get our little girl her black cat… Seeing her happy and full of smiles when I showed her after I got home was definitely worth it…


Thank you Eunice & Leng for getting this Black Cat for Faith! HUGS!!

No comments: