Sunday 24 June 2012

Dinner Treat@Moi Lum

Sister-in-law Sheryl gave the family a treat to this well-known Cantonese Restaurant located near Maxwell Road. I have heard of it but never had a chance to visit.

I was really surprised to see the restaurant filled with people and heard from Sheryl that if you have no reservation, it’s quite unlikely to get a seat for walk-in patrons. She ordered a set menu for tonight and mum was really excited as she told me that this is one of the restaurants that our family used to dine before I was born.

The starter dishes were pretty impressive with shark’s fin egg, braised duck, salad prawns & spring rolls. Faith simply enjoyed every bit of the shark’s fin egg… she kept asking for more till I was a bit shy to take more from the main plate.
Shark’s fin soup was tasty… the soup was thick and not salty. Crispy roast chicken was my favorite as the skin was crispy but the meat was juicy… even the breast meat!! Faith enjoyed it very much too though she is not really the ‘chicken’ person. The steam red grouper was tasty though I am not a big fan of it but really… this dish is a must have for dinner. Spinach with abalone was also regarded as my love… simply delicious!


To my surprise, the pan fried prawn was all snapped up (usually, this will be the only dish that is not too loved by my family). The prawn was nicely pan fried and best of all; the shell did not stick to the prawn meat… fantastic isn’t it! It was such a breeze biting it off. Before the noodle, we had the last dish which was the kiddos’ favorite. The fried wantons and ngoh hiang. Faith enjoyed the fried wantons though she was only allowed to have one piece. The E-Fu noodle was a champion man... it wasn't dry but very tasty. YUMS!





Sheryl chose the family favorite dessert – mango pomelo with sago. It was so good that I almost wanted to ta pao another bowl for myself…

Overall, this is one fantastic dinner with family members. Thank you, Sheryl for the delicious and enjoyable dinner. I am sure we will visit this restaurant again soon…

No comments: