Thursday 12 April 2012

Peranakan Dinner Gathering


Steven tried to plan a monthly or quarterly dinner gathering with Minowa-san and this time, he arranged it to dine at ‘Peranakan’ at Keppel Club.
It was my first visit to this restaurant though I heard from Minowa-san couple of times about the durian dessert was very good. When we arrived, the restaurant wasn’t crowded and began to check out the menu…

My Kaiye ordered got everyone to choose a dish since most of us are first timers. Finally, we ordered rangdang beef & mutton, sambal kangkong, pan fried omelet, mixed vegetables, soup, chicken buakula etc… so much food and all were great!













All of a sudden, Susan held out a box of green buns. She told us that it was really nice and wanted all of us to give it a try. The green bun is called ‘Liu Sa Bao’… the bun is filled with creamy salty egg yolk. I was really addicted to it after my first bite! Mmmh… not only me but some of us began to get her to order for us… Anyway, I was enjoying my delicious durian jendo...

The dinner gathering was indeed a great one as everyone enjoyed the companionship of each other with the sumptuous food! Thumps UP!


No comments: