Friday 23 March 2012

Lunch Date With Minowa-san

It’s been a long time since I last lunched with Minowa-san. Today, he kindly invited Linda Peh & me to lunch with him (we became his lunch partners at times).

He never failed to bring us to special restaurants and this time, no exceptional. We went to La Luna Rosa, a newly opened Italian Restaurant located at new Scotts Square. It was my first time visiting that shopping mall since its opening. The shopping wasn’t as big as I imagined and the whole look was difference compared to the one look… I really miss the old Scotts as I used to hang out there with my schoolmates… the cool food court that served beef noodles, ice-kachang etc…

Anyway, we were seated by the window looking at the busy streets of Scotts Road. La Luna Rosa usually served set lunches on weekday but thanks to the popularity of Minowa-san, the chef allowed us to order a-la-carte instead.

Minowa-san ordered mostly our favorite dishes like tuna tartare & calamari tempura for our starters. The tuna sashimi salad was awesome man… the tuna was so fresh that it simply melt in my mouth. The tempura calamari was tasty too and best, it’s not oily! YUMS!


We tried out the Uni (Sea Urchin) pasta and beef bolognese with truffles. I would say that I preferred the uni pasta at Otto than La Luna Rosa… but I really love the Bolognese here… it had a perfect score from me!! I am very sure hubby will LOVE IT!



 For our mains, he ordered fish and steak with foie gras. This is one fantastic dish I tell you! The steak was tenderly cooked and juicy… and the foie gras simply melts in your mouth! The taste was superb!


Desserts, Linda ordered the berries with jelly while both Minowa-san & I had ice-creams. I wouldn’t want this enjoyable lunch to end but we have to be back to reality… Sighz…


 Thank you Minowa-san once again for the wonderful and enjoyable lunch!

No comments: