Sunday 18 April 2010

Alpha Holy Spirit Weekend

It was a very hot afternoon when I went to church to serve at Alpha’s Holy Spirit Weekend. This is one really meaningful weekend as I usually get touched by the Holy Spirit through praise & worship.

I specially enjoyed the agape meal where we had ‘bread & wine’ after Father Anthony gave a short message after the gospel reading. I enjoyed that moment coz it symbolized our Lord Jesus and then came the lighting of the candle which symbolized Christ being our Light.




I remembered I was touched by the Holy Spirit when I was serving Alpha 11 or 12 while we were singing praise to our Lord. I actually felt cold air at my feet (by the way, I was wearing jeans and sneakers then) where there were no fans around! It was an amazing feeling indeed.

This time, I felt a hot flush down my spine and I started to sweat! The air-cons were on but I was still sweating and guess that was the Holy Spirit…

The evening ended with the ever funny entertainment night where all the groups have to put up an item. I got to say that this time, all the groups were spotting and I particularly enjoyed the performance by the host and helpers… it was really fun!

1 comment:

Ms Tham said...

It must been a good weekend. :) Keep up the good work and He will reward you handsomely.

By the way, it's "sporting". :)