Wednesday 10 March 2010

Shabu Shabu Gen

Our boss Minowa-san once again invited Linda & me to lunch (once a month affair) and this time, he brought us to what he called ‘newly discovered’ restaurant located at Shaw House.

At first, I thought the restaurant is inside Isetan but somehow it was just along the road where its neighbors’ were Les Amis and an Italian restaurant… it was really not noticeable if you are not prepared to find. The small and cozy restaurant is popular for their beef!

Indeed, I am in need of beef … hahhaahah… Beef will provide more iron for baby actually. He mentioned to us that they served a few different grades of beef and I was all ready to try! As soon as we were seated, we went to check out their beef; OMG!!! There were indeed a few grades for the types of beef they served… honestly, I have no idea what are their difference but somehow they looked very alluring to me.



It didn’t take us very long to decide our meal… boss ordered their popular beef curry with rice; he requested for extra spicy. Both Linda & I ordered shabu shabu beef don. Our Japanese tea and appetizer were served shortly and I liked their light appetizer as it was somehow refreshing… our salad was served and though the presentation was no award-winning style but the taste was awesome. With the unforgettable taste of salad dressing still clinging on my tongue, the hot chawamushi (steam egg) was served. Chawamushi is one of my favorite dish (yes… it’s EGG!) and this one was really smooth and delicious. **Drooling**



Finally, our main dishes were served. I was totally impressed by the shabu shabu beef don though it looked really simple. Boss shared some of his curry rice with us and being a Japanese curry lover, that was really GOOD! There wasn’t too much flour and it simply tasted like normal curry! Thumps UP!

When I took the first spoon of my beef don, I melted with the tender beef… It was really delicious! I would say that it was the best beef don I had ever tried and man… how did the chef cook that? The sauce for the beef don was so delicious that I would love to have more though the serving was just great for one.

After an awesome meal, it was dessert time… we were served white sesame ice-cream and umeshu jelly. They were a perfect combination! It was our first time trying the white sesame ice-cream and was really impressed by it.



I hope to visit again but somehow it’s not that cheap for set lunch…. mmmh… will consider… hahahaah

No comments: