Friday 19 March 2010

Face Of Baby?

I have heard so much about 3D scan from friends and they managed to see their baby in the womb. I made the appointment hoping to have a glimpse of her face.

When I arrived at KK Hospital this morning, feeling excited and nervous, I registered myself at ADC where I waited patiently for my name to be called. Shortly, I was called and led to the room to begin the scan. I was really happy to see the movement but disappointed when the doctor told me that baby’s face was facing the wall of my womb! Though it was a perfect position for the 3D scan but somehow too near to the wall to get a clearer picture. The doctor then advised me to take a walk and return for the scan later.

I did as told and went for breakfast and though I was disappointed but I guess the baby did not want us to look at her. Anyway, I went back to the clinic after breakfast and waited patiently for my name to be called once again. I was really hoping that this time will work. This time, her position was slightly shifted and now she was facing the side but her hands were in the way! I was really amazed when the doctor focus on her face when saw her yawning away! My heart melted right away and she made me want to see her face more. However, it FAILED again! Sigh!!

After another half hour of walk around the hospital, I returned and this time, I sort of gave up hope of seeing her face up close! To my surprise, her position was perfect once again but the doctor told me that there wasn’t enough water on her face to get a perfect picture. The most amazing and shocking movement I saw was… she was sticking her tiny tongue out a couple of times… it was pretty funny actually.

Finally, I gave up and the doctor was really nice to print me some good face profile of hers for me without charging me. Therefore, no 3D picture for all of you but you can see her face…

2 comments:

baubles bangles and beads said...

I somehow see you in Tabby's face!
We'll just wait and see if I am correct in two and a half months time!!

Vee said...

wah lao eh... can't tell lor.. i could only see a BABY face!!! we'll see in 64 days... kekeke