Monday 13 April 2009

April Luncheon Outing

Some of you may ask… izzit another luncheon with boss? I am really happy to answer YES! This time, Minowa-san brought us to Japanese Restaurant at Gallery Hotel. He has been there a couple of times for dinner but guess it’s his virgin visit for lunch.

Taka, the name of the restaurant is well-known for this charcoal grill dishes and the chicken curry rice. Unfortunately, they do not serve charcoal grill items during lunch and we had set lunch instead. Minowa-san ordered garlic pork, Linda had wayu beef teriyaki and I tried their popular curry chicken rice. The set lunch includes salad, miso soup, chawa mushi, main course, coffee and dessert. It was pretty reasonable priced.


Minowa-san ordered the half boiled egg as our additional appetizer and man… it was delicious. It reminded me of the Japanese breakfast I took in Tokyo one morning. The tasty salad was served shortly… I seemed to enjoy Japanese style salad more these days… their salad sauce is just simply tasty!


Our main course didn’t take long to be served. We exchanged our food and I enjoyed all three different main courses. Mmmh… the garlic pork was tender and tasty, the beef soft and tender as well. My curry rice was great too as it wasn’t too ‘powder-ish’…
Wayu Beef
Garlic Pork
Curry Rice

I simply enjoyed the taste of the chawa mushi as it was really different from the rest I had tired before. The taste was somewhat thicker and the ingredients were better… for example, the prawn was bigger, more mushroom and the chicken meat was tender too.

Linda and I ordered green tea ice-cream for our dessert and cheese cake for Minowa-san. I am one ice-cream lover coz’ that will never go wrong… heheheeh….


I will be back to Taka for dinner as they serve mini portion for curry rice and ohyaku-don!!!

No comments: