Saturday 3 October 2015

NTUC Amazing Race

When our office Union Secretary sent out the information about this race, it definitely caught my attention but did not really get down to think about it until my colleague mentioned about it after a week or so. Jessica mentioned that she will be taking part with Jennifer and asked if I am interested to join them since they are in need of members to form the team.

It got me very excited and told them that I would like to join and will pull in another 2 potential members. From there, we got ourselves registered and ready to race!

This early morning, I was really excited and got myself prepared for the race. We gathered at Orchid Country Club and our leader Jessica collected our goody bags which actually weighted a tons!!

After the introduction and games rules, we set off happily. We weren’t there to race to be first but just for the fun of racing… we raced with no stress but with a light hearted mentality. We planned our route around the island and our first stop was to a building that was totally unknown to us… we went along with it and found it eventually. There was a challenge at every station and upon completing the task; we are off to the next.


On our bingo cards, there were 3 compulsory stations. One of which was the First Station, followed by the Lunch Station and the Home Station. We were served McDonalds’ as our lunch though I wasn’t a big fan of it, we just had to eat whatever it was given.
Besides completing the tasks, there were some questions to be answered too and it will add up to the points that we collected and together with time spent on the race to know our placing. We did most of the tasks well and though we did not come in top 10 but we sure enjoyed ourselves to the max.
It was quite a fun and exciting race I would say and perhaps I will join this race again!

No comments: