Thursday 17 April 2014

Maundy Thursday

Lenten season is almost coming to an end and in a few days’ time, we will be celebrating Easter! Today, being Maundy Thursday, we commemorate Jesus having the last supper with his disciples before he suffered and died.

I visited St. Teresa’s Church for mass today and I was surprised that the church members gave out hot cross buns to all parishioners. I personally like hot cross buns as it was simple bread made with raisins and somehow it reminds me on how simple Jesus’s life was when he was on earth.
During mass, I could not understand why I was tearing… I guess the Holy Spirit was with me all the while and truly, this year is rather special!! The moment they reenact the scene of Jesus washing the feet of his disciples, I felt very overwhelmed.
When mass was drawing to an end and when the priest made his rounds with the ‘Jesus’ in his hands, my tears was flowing down uncontrollably… hubby could easily understand and handed me a tissue immediately. Later he mentioned that I should bring along a towel instead… hahaahahaah

No comments: