Friday 4 April 2014

Dinner Affair@Rochester Park

My boss initiated the dinner as he would like to try out new Italian restaurant and he kindly invited Linda and me to join him for this food inspection. I took this opportunity to suggest Da Paolo Bistro & Bar located at Rochester Park as I thought it would be a nice place for him to try out.

The distance from our office to Rochester was pretty tiring as the traffic during rush hours was such a pain! It took us about 45 minutes to reach our destination and despite the cool drizzling weather, we were seated comfortably right after we arrived.

Boss and Linda were impressed by the design of the restaurant as it was a colonial house that turns into a classy and cozy restaurant.

After browsing through the menu, I was given the green light to order the food while boss takes the wine list. For starters, I ordered the burratina with Parma Ham and the Squid Fritters. It was really delicious though the portion wasn’t as generous. For our pasta, we had the squid ink spaghetti and mushroom risotto. Both were pretty good… we noticed that the nearby table ordered a bowl of fries and being greedy, we too had the garlic fries which was heavenly!
The servings of the food were small and that left us with amber space for more food…. We decided to order the braised beef cheek which was tender and soft… thumps up! Lastly, we had the truffle pizza which was a WINNER! I had never tasted such delicious pizza before and this was the BEST! It seemed to be too much for three but amazingly, we wiped out all the food… and had space for desserts… haahahahaahah
To sum up the wonderful dinner, I ordered the baileys gelato which was totally out of this world! I was really impressed by the food here and I would rate this place a NINE out of TEN! Totally fantastic!

No comments: