Friday 7 October 2011

Gathering At Lee Kui

We heard the good news that our dear ex-colleague now friend Philip Cho is back to Singapore for good after 7 years working in Hong Kong. When I first received the SMS from him that he will be returning to SIN for good, I was overjoyed!

My Kai-Ye Steven kindly arranged a dinner gathering for him at Lee Kui (Ah Hoi) at Chinatown. It was a Teo chew restaurant and my first time. We passed by many times when we parked our car nearby to dine at Spring Court which is a street away but has never tried their food.

Steven who has been there ordered many dishes. Our starters were the cold crabs which was very simple but tasty. There was no gravy but the sweetness of the crab. Next was the fried pig intestine which was my favorite… that scored man! I simply went crazy when I saw that dish… I know it’s fattening but it was the best dish man!


The chili crab gravy crayfish was good too… the generous portion was already thumps up! Their signature duck was SUPER GOOD can!!! The meat was soft and the sauce was so good that you can’t stop taking another slice of it… the vegetables were great too though it was simple. I did not enjoy the fish much as all you know that I am not the fishy person… then came the meat ball soup which was good but I have tasted better la…






The dessert was slightly different… kai-ye ordered hot desserts instead of the usual cold ones. He ordered something like crystal dumplings; some stuffed with sesame, red bean and the traditional mang kwang. That was really something different and extremely delicious. Our last dish was the yam paste. For that dish, I would say I preferred the one at Kia Hiang… that was much tastier than this…




It was indeed a great gathering for everyone. It’s always nice to keep in touch with friends though they are no longer your colleagues. Friendship is something nothing can replaced but to treasure.

No comments: