Saturday 8 October 2011

Class 95 Retrolicious

I missed this event last year as I had just given birth and being a first time mum… I was really nervous and everything was new to me.

This year, I did not hesitate to attend this event especially when I heard that my favorite Belinda Carlisle & Bananarama are performing. That was really the best reason for me to go watch them. There as one more group – The Human League. These are all the best groups and singers during the late 80s.

Today, we met early for light dinner at Plaza Singapura and man… I was really excited about the concert in the park. It should be fun but then again… I was worried that it might rain given that the weather these days were strange.

When we arrived at the main entrance of Fort Canning, we saw a big crowd and more walking up. The queue to get in was quick and to our surprise, there were so many people sitting down with beers and snacks on their picnic mats. Thanks to Philip who arrived earlier to get us a good place to chill…






The Human League was the first performer of the night but to be honest, their songs were pretty boring. We saw many people sitting down chilling out, eating and talking during their performance and some were even playing game on their iPads. The only songs that got everyone dancing were the last few ones as they were the popular songs like ‘Electric Dreams’…

Next was Belinda Carlisle, I saw her face through the big screen and I didn’t think that she aged at all. She still looked beautiful but she definitely aged while she sang… she was almost out of breath after 3 songs and even went out of tune at times.

I would say the Bananarama was the best… they not only performed their songs well, they still danced well and last of all, they communicated with the crowd! Thumps UP!

We thoroughly enjoyed the concert in the park though it was really hot! I wished I could stay on to dance the night away with those cool retro songs after the concert. Anyway, I am definitely going to Mambo Jumbo one of these days man… wanna join me?

No comments: