Sunday 18 September 2011

Luxurious Birthday Party

My family & I were invited by my cousin-in-law to celebrate my cousin Ka Yun’s birthday and what surprised me was the venue… she told me that it will be a surprise party for her beloved hubby so, she told us not to breathe a word about it. I was totally dumbfounded when she told me that the surprise party will be held on a Yacht! Yes… a YACHT!!!

However, we were unable to make it to the boat trip in the day as we were hanging out at my buddy’s place for Hari Raya gathering. We turned up for dinner instead… When we arrived at Keppel Marina this evening, I was really excited about getting on to the yacht. Honestly, I have never been on one… so, I was really thrilled!


My cousin came out to pick us up outside as we were not allowed to enter the dock area. The pretty yacht name ‘Whatever’ was our yacht and it certainly has a cool name… after removing our shoes, we board the yacht and man… it was simply gorgeous inside. The feel of chilling out on it was simply great though it was docked.





Faith too was overjoyed as she played catching bubbles with her cousin Zoe. Soon after, she got curious about her surroundings and started to roam around; she even attempted to climb down the stairs…I thought to myself… how nice if I am one of the yacht owner… that will be fantastic isn’t it…
















We surveyed the interior of the yacht and it was pretty spacious. It housed a king size master bedroom, two guest rooms with single bed and an entertainment room for others to chill. Totally cool stuff… as usual, Faith was getting herself involved and trying the bed, the sofas and even checking the toilets…







My cousin-in-law Florence, catered food from a western caterer and it was quite a spread. There were assorted sandwiches, pasta with tomato sauce, roast beef with mushroom sauce, salads and lamb cubes with herbs. Our friend Josephine prepared bread sticks and some nachos for appetizers. For desserts, we have cream puffs, brownies and home-made agar agar by my aunt. I simply love the agar agar that she made as she used to make those when I was very little.














After our food got a little digested, we gathered round the sofa area to commence the birthday cake cutting ceremony. The kids were excited to see the cake and gathered almost immediately. The delicious bakerzin chocolate cheesecake was the best dessert! Hahahaahahahah…. Okay, besides my aunt’s agar agar!






It was indeed a great experience to have party onboard of a yacht and guess we can do that someday with friends… I am sure it will be a different experience…*winks*

Happy birthday Kor and wishing you a blessed one!! God bless you!

No comments: