Thursday 30 September 2010

Dinner At Ah Or

My Kaiye Steven once again introduced us to a good Teo Chew cuisine at Ah Or located along Tiong Bahru Road. I have passed that area many times as it’s pretty close to my in-law’s place. In fact, hubby went there with his friends few months ago and feedback to me that the food was great but somehow costly.

It’s first time for some of us and I was surprised that they do not have a menu to start with and all their specialties were just pictures on the wall inside the restaurant. Very rare but guess that’s a good way to over-charge you without you knowing… hahaahaha


Anyway, I was already impressed by the first dish that arrived on the table. It was their in-house specialty braised duck and pork belly. It was really nice and with the company of the Chinese wine kaiye brought was awesome.



There came the next dish was the steam fish with salted vegetables. It was slightly soup based and I enjoyed it though I am no FISH lover. The fish was fresh and extremely tasty!! mmmh…. had to be the salted vegetables that played a big part in it…






The fried egg oysters, chili mussels, vegetables, prawn paste chickens and the prawn rolls were delicious too. However, I still preferred the prawn paste chicken at the coffee shop located at Upper Thomson! To me, that’s the best! YUMMY!!!!!






The soup was served almost at the end of it… wondered why!! Anyway, the fish maw soup was a clear and tasty one though the sequence was wrong… hahaahah… Then the Cold Crab was one of the long waited dishes. The meat was soft, tasted fresh and sweet. It was nice but I thought that could be a starter lor!! Then while enjoying the crab meat, another in-house specialty was the claypot noodle. Thumps UP!



The finale was the yam paste dessert which was excellent! It was smooth and wasn’t as oily as some I tried. Mmmh….. very happy with the dishes indeed!

Before leaving the restaurant, I brought Faith to meet everyone since hubby was already waiting at the car park. All were happy to meet her too and man… she was well-behaved that night (guess she already had her milk that’s why)… hahahaahah

No comments: