Thursday 11 November 2021

Comfort Food

When I was younger, I remember my mum used to cook porridge and fried noodles as breakfast for family every Saturday. My grandmother, aunties and my cousins will gather around the table catching up with each other over breakfast. Those were the good old days.

 

I fondly remembered how yummy my mum’s porridge was and I am missing it. While mum is not able to cook for now due to a bad fall recently that injured her leg. I asked her to teach me so that I can master it and cook it for my kids. Mum just briefly told me the ingredients that I need but to someone who is clueless in cooking porridge is quite a challenge… hahaahahahaha.

Mum was patient and taught me step by step while she was seated in the dining room, and I was trying my best to make the porridge to her standards. When it was finally completed, I took a small scoop for her to taste, and I felt good when she gave me a thump up! I couldn’t believe it till I tried it myself. 😊 I would say that I did its justice, and my kids love it too. This will be another recipe from mum to keep. 😊  

No comments: