Monday 24 August 2020

Fish Maw Herbal Chicken Soup

I have always wanted to try to make this soup but just never get down to it till today. Mum had a bad fall in May and left her seated on wheelchair for months. During those time, it was somehow a calling for me to learn some culinary skills from her and I realized that being able to whip a decent dinner is very satisfying.

Took a trip to Chinatown last week and bought some fish maw as I am planning to make my mum this long-awaited soup… hahahahah… I finally get down to cook this soup. I had the fish maw soaked overnight; though it was as soft as I expected it to be but guess boiling it will help.

I made the soup with a huge chicken drum stick and some chinse herbs bought from the dried goods shop in Chinatown. After boiling it on low fire, the soup is finally ready after 2 hours. 😊 I am happy with the aroma in the house and it tasted really good!

The soup was very well received by the family and my kiddos gave me thumps up too! I am thrilled to see the pot emptied and kids are asking for more. 😊 YIPPY!!! I DID IT!

With this soup, I do hope it will provide mum with more gel on her leg and wishing her a speedy recovery.

No comments: