Tuesday 26 May 2015

My First Attempt

It’s a yearly affair that I will bake our first born her birthday cake for her school celebration. This year, I tried to attempt fondant icing for her cake instead of the usual chocolate fudge.

It was easy to bake the chocolate cake and the chocolate fudge but the fondant seemed to be quite a challenge! I tried to roll the dough with icing sugar but somehow it was not easy to have it stay the way I wanted… I got to admit that I wasn’t really good with dough and guess I need to practice to do better in future. 

It took me about half an hour to get the dough flatten and covered the whole cake. I was really filled with pride after being able to get it done nicely… it looked plain but it looked better after decorating it with marshmallows. Now, it's ready for her school celebration tomorrow!


It will be a surprise for our first born and I hope she likes it… J

No comments: