Saturday 30 November 2013

Family Trip To Australia

We finally started our family for 2013 and we arrived at Brisbane, Australia on an early wet morning. Though it was raining on a sunny island, we proceeded to the jetty for our ferry ride to Tangalooma Island.

The jetty was totally a disaster as there was no proper shelter at the waiting area, and not the journey to the ferry. It was pouring and we were not prepared for wet weather since it was supposed to be summer time. But I was really lucky to have met this Australian lady who offered to shelter Faith and me all the way to the ferry while her hubby was drained… I thank God for sending us an angel.

During the ferry ride, it was though choppy but I was trying to overcome my sea sickness by having some sweets. While we are almost arriving to the island after about 75 minutes ride, Faith started to feel sick and vomited. It was so unpleasant and I too began to feel nausea. It got even worst when the ferry docked at the jetty when the ferry began to sway from one side to another due to the choppy sea water.

My hubby saw the look on my face and gently told me to endure till we get off but I instructed him to take Faith while I get the bags… the moment I got off the ferry, I ran to the nearest area and I threw out! I was then feeling terrible yet relived that we have arrived FINALLY!

After checking in to our rooms, the room was relatively big with 2 twin beds and an extra bed at the side near the balcony. The view from our room was a wonderful sea and garden view. Simply beautiful! Faith was really happy with the balcony and got out asking me if we will be able to see some sharks from our room!!!
After cleaning up ourselves, we headed down to the cafĂ© for our first meal in Australia. We ordered pizzas, wedges, pastas, fish & chips to share. What surprised us were the drinks… it was much cheaper to drink beer or wine than soft drinks or mineral water. The food was pretty good though the presentations were simple and looked more like high school canteen food.
The rain finally stopped and we went to check out the beach area. Faith simply loved it and told me that she wanted to play sand castle but it was still rather wet and cold so, I told her that we will keep that itinerary for tomorrow morning instead. She seemed to agree with me and we continued our walk around the island.

There were many different spices of birds on the beach and Faith wanted to catch them or perhaps trying to scare them away. She was running on the sand and chasing the birds away! That was quite a scene and I suddenly believed that we are already in Australia!

When night falls, everyone went to the jetty to wait for the wild dolphins to swim ashore for feeding. It was so chilling in the evening at the jetty but that did not stop us from having the opportunity to feed the wild dolphins. It was such a wonderful experience!

No comments: